Fear of being exposed to HIV, no sex only massage with escort. Do i need to go for HIV test?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
I think i may have exposed myself to hiv. Had massage with XXXXXXX escort no oral or penetrative sex. Do I need to gave hiv test?
Posted Thu, 31 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later

Exchange of body fluids and penetrative sex is needed for HIV transmission.

As in your case no mucosal contact or body fluids were exchanged you have NO risk and HIV testing is not required.

Hope this allays your fears. If you have any further queries feel free to ask them.

Wish you good health

Dr Sudarshan

Follow-up: Fear of being exposed to HIV, no sex only massage with escort. Do i need to go for HIV test? 8 hours later
Thank you, so what I prob have is guilt and anxiety, how to best deal with this?

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 6 hours later
Hi again,

As you have ZERO risk of HIV you shouldn’t be worried.

Regarding the guilt part, as long as this does not affect your health and other relationships with regular partner you should not have any guilt also.

My advice to you would be to have protected sexual intercourse at all times and avoid mucosal contact with any sex worker.
It’s always better to be careful than sorry.

Hope this helps.

DrSudarshan

Follow-up: Fear of being exposed to HIV, no sex only massage with escort. Do i need to go for HIV test? 27 hours later
So saliva and sweat are not infectious?
Thank you Dr .. You have helped me.

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi again,

Sweat ,urine, tears are not infectious at all.

Saliva may contain HIV virus but not enough to cause transmission. It increases if you have oral ulcers , or if it is contaminated with blood then it can be infectious.

Hope Ive answered your query.
If you have liked my answer please indicate it by rating my answer at the end.

Dr Sudarshan