Fatty liver, taking Udiliv and Ursocol. Raised liver enzymes. Suggest better medicine to cure me earlier?

Question
I am suffering from liver problem since 2006 and my main problem now is my S.Total Bilirubin is 1.2 mg/dl and S.Indirect Bilirubin is 1 mg/dl SGOT:102.7 & SGPT:160.4) . My doctor has prescribed me ENZOX Plus for 5 days and hepexa~300 for 3 months from today.

Can you please suggest me better medicine which will cure me early as I am having Mild Fatty Liver.

Note: Ocassionally I take Drinks and I dont Smoke.I take pan masala.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Follow-up: Fatty liver, taking Udiliv and Ursocol. Raised liver enzymes. Suggest better medicine to cure me earlier? 9 minutes later
I have been taking UDILIV-300/URSOCOL-300mg since 2006 taking a gap of every 6 months.

Kindly suggest me proper medicine and diet so that I can cure my liver problem early.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later

The mildly raised liver enzymes that you are having is because of fatty liver and your alcohol intake. As long as you will continue an occasional drink these raised enzymes are not likely to come back to normal levels.

Even after a complete abstinence, it takes at least six months for the liver to come back to its normal function.

Since you are already taking Udiliv for last five years i feel that taking a low fat, low protein and easy to digest diet will help you better.

Stop alcohol and pan masala completely for an early relief.

Your condition does not require using any more medicines other than you are currently using, and moreover since all the medicines would be prescription only medicines, they can not be advised over on online forum. To prescribe those medicines a physical consultation is essential.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Regards.

Follow-up: Fatty liver, taking Udiliv and Ursocol. Raised liver enzymes. Suggest better medicine to cure me earlier? 17 hours later
Dear Madam,

Kindly find my LFT Report Readings provided below and provide your views and suggestions whether I am taking right medicines and if yes what should be my diet for early recovery:

S TOTAL BILIRUBIN: 1.20MG/DL
S DIRECT BILIRUBIN: 0.20 MG/DL
S INDIRECT BILIRUBIN: 1 MG/DL
S TOTAL PROTIEN: 6.9
S ALBUMIN : 5.1
S GLOBULIN 1.8
S A/G RATIO: 2.83
SGOT 102.7
SGPT: 160.4
S ALKALINE PHOSPATE: 88.8
SGGT : 82.5

ROUTINE BLOOD NORMAL.
& SONOGRAPHY iMPRESSION: HEPATOMEGALY WITH DIFFUSE INCREASED IN PARENCHYMAL ECHOGENECITY---MILD FATTY CHANGES OF LIVER

mEDICINE AT PRESENT: HEPEXA 300 & ENZOX PLUS + LIVOSIN SYRUP IN THE MORNING EMPTY STOMACH.

WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY.....
Follow-up: Fatty liver, taking Udiliv and Ursocol. Raised liver enzymes. Suggest better medicine to cure me earlier? 2 minutes later
Dear Madam,

S TOTAL BILIRUBIN: 1.20MG/DL
S DIRECT BILIRUBIN: 0.20 MG/DL
S INDIRECT BILIRUBIN: 1 MG/DL
S TOTAL PROTIEN: 6.9
S ALBUMIN : 5.1
S GLOBULIN 1.8
S A/G RATIO: 2.83
SGOT 102.7
SGPT: 160.4
S ALKALINE PHOSPATE: 88.8
SGGT : 82.5

ROUTINE BLOOD NORMAL.

WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY.....

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
I have seen all your reports and have read your problem with concern.
The medicines you are taking are to help your digestion and are hepatoprotective drugs. You can continue with this treatment but complete abstinence from alcohol and tobacco is a must for remission of your liver damage.
Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery

Follow-up: Fatty liver, taking Udiliv and Ursocol. Raised liver enzymes. Suggest better medicine to cure me earlier? 18 hours later
kindly suggest me a diet as I am a manager at bank and i have to take my tiffin while i go to office.

give me a diet which will suit my problem....

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Hello.
You need to have a high carbohydrate, moderate fat and a low protein diet with salt restriction.
Vitamin B complex supplementation is also necessary.
You can have fruits, oats, chappatis, rice, bread jam, potatoes, XXXXXXX vegetables, milk, yogurt, etc. There are no restrictions for specific food items.
Hope this is helpful in making a diet chart for you.
Regards.