Fatigued and heaviness in left chest area. Aches in left shoulder and breast area. Sign of heart issue?

May 2014

I have been very very fatigued for the past two weeks and have had heaviness in the left chest area off and on as well as unusual aches in the left shoulder and breast area. Have been under tremendous stress recently and am concerned these could be signs of a heart issue. Overall I feel weak and winded after the least bit of exeration. What do you think? XXXXXXX XXXXXXX age 55.
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Heart problem or Lexapro side effects.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.

As you are under treatment with Atenolol, Laxapro and Supplements, I suppose you are on regular follow up with your doctor.

Severe fatigue and chest pain needs complete clinical evaluation. As the heart is an important organ related to symptoms faced by you, I suggest a complete clinical examination by a cardiologist. An ECG and echocardiography might be necessary to rule or or confirm and underlying heart dysfunction.

Taking Lexapro (escitalopram) a drug used for treating depression and generalized anxiety disorder can cause severe fatigue and weakness in a significant number of patients taking it.

Out of 32,128 people reported to have side effects when taking Lexapro. Among them, 2,622 people (8.16%) have Tiredness. More than 50% of patients report moderate to severe tiredness.

You might require a consultation with your psychiatrist and discuss your problems in detail.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back in case of doubts.