Fatigue, trouble sleeping, puffy eyes, dark circles, thirsty, frequent urination, eye pain. Blood test normal

Infertility Specialist
very tired, and trouble sleeping well. Puffy eyes with dark circles. Always thirsty but pee alot if I drink alot. headaches behind eyes. I have felt like this on and off for a few years now, usually this time of year, but this year is particularily bad. I basically feel very deflated and energy less but dont have a cold or any seasonal syptoms like flu etc.

I eat well and excercise 3 days a week for 2 hours. Happy in life and work, not overly stressed.
Had bloodtest last year at time of stoamch illness and nothing untoward.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 9 hours later

The symptoms you are suggesting appear probably like early diabetes. Please remember that I am not labeling you as diabetic but symptoms are suggestive of this.

You have mentioned that you have done all blood tests last year. Even then I request you to get following blood tests to rule out diabetes:

1) Fasting blood sugar levels.

2) Postprandial blood sugar levels

3) Glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c).

4) Blood Hemoglobin level

These investigations will help us to have knowledge about your sugar levels and anemia. Along with the above tests, please get urine routine examination to check any urinary tract infection.

I hope I answered your question. Please let me know if any more questions you have.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol