Fatigue, swollen ankle, random bruising on arm and leg, occasional chest pain. What these symptoms indicate?

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Suffering from the following things at the moment, not sure if all related:

- Fatigue
- Swollen ankle
- Random bruising on my arm and leg
- Occasional chest pains
Posted Thu, 31 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Your symptoms of random bruising and swollen ankles are worrisome. These symptoms are suggestive of a bleeding disorder. You need to consult your physician to get a complete blood coagulation profile checked with APTT and platelet count to rule out possible causes like thrombocytopenia.
This can also happen due to a viral infection- decreases the synthesis of platelets from the bone marrow, causes fatigue and chest pains.
Presence of any autoimmune disorders also needs to be ruled out.
Please visit your physician to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.