Fatigue, dizziness, swelling of feet, headache, heart palpitation, depression, panic attack, numbness in feet. Help

I believe I have been battling with something for the past 2-3 years now. I can't say exactly when it happened but I have pretty much felt like poop for the last couple of years. I don't have health insurance so I haven't been able to go to the doctor..and to tell the truth I have been kinda scared to go as well. My symptoms include, Fatigue, Dizziness, Swelling of the feet(almost everyday), Headaches(at least 1 a day), Heart Palpations, Depression, Panic attacks(about 1 every 6 months), Mood Swings, Numbness and random tingling in my toes and feet, Nausea (every morning and usually after each meal). I also sometimes experience random cramping in my abdomen(not very often), and once and a while I will get random sharp pains in my stomach. I don't really know If all these together create anything but I know I haven't always felt this way. I have been told by others that some of my symptoms sound similar to Lupus or Multiple Sclerosis..I am really not sure what to think..which is why I am here. Any advice on what it might be will help, Thanks!
Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Your problem hardly match to SLE or Multiple Sclerosis, and MS is a very rare disorder and more common in males.
SLE is common place and frequent in females but the symptoms are not suggestive.
You problem appears a bit psychiatric.
It is a complex of Depression and Anxiety and all the problems mood swings, unable to feel happy, tiredness, palpitation, panic attacks, pain abdomen, headache can be part of the syndrome.
I would like you to have base line investigation CBC, RFT, Chest Xray, Thyroid profile- morning empty stomach sample, stool examination.
You should think of getting evaluated by a Psychiatry doctor at you place and get these investigations and if you like, inform me in a Fresh Query / Follow up Query for further fine tuned opinion
Wish you a great health!
Follow-up: Fatigue, dizziness, swelling of feet, headache, heart palpitation, depression, panic attack, numbness in feet. Help 10 hours later
Wow I never knew those types of illnesses could effect your body! I will definatly go get it checked out now! I have one last question. Should I go to a normal doctor such as a family physician who will then refer me to a Psychiatry doctor? Or am I able to go straigt to a Psychiatry doctor? Thanks for your help!
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 14 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
I am from India, here in India patient can directly go to a specialist but I do not know the system of your country.
I would suggest to report to an XXXXXXX Medicine doctor-Physician, get evaluated and then go to a psychiatrist.
Optionally you can put up a specialist query with reports attached with it to me and then consult the psychiatrist. But get to know the rules of the land in this regard.
Wish you a great health!