Fatigue, dizziness, depression, numbness, swollen feet, palpitations, headache. What could be the cause?

Jun 2015

Lately I've been feeling fatigue, dizziness, depression during the day. numbness in feet every morning, swollen feet. After meals I feel palpitations, a headache, fatigue, throat swelling sometimes, numbness and some trembling. I get so sleepy and tired and low and slow after eating, sometimes not only after eating but all during the day. I have also been unusually craving sugar and chocolate lately to feel better. What could be the problem?
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later

The presence of symptoms as mentioned in your post can be due to:
1. Anemia (either Iron deficiency or Vit B12 deficiency anemia)
2. Thyroid dysfunction
3. Peripheral neuropathy
4. Any abnormality in blood pressure & blood sugar levels
5. Deficiency of certain nutrients like Iron, Vitamin B 12, Calcium, etc. which also interferes with blood formation & nerve conduction

Investigations like complete blood count, estimation of blood pressure and blood sugar levels & Thyroid profile will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.

So, it will be better to consult your General Physician & get a proper physical examination done to find out the exact cause.
Based on that, appropriate management steps could be taken.

There is no need to worry, you will be fine.

Wishing you a good health.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.