Fatigue after mononucleosis relapse, vitamin supplementation dosage

I have been feeling pretty run down this past month. Today I went outside and did a few things and when I got home fatigue hit me pretty hard, I also had nausea when I went back and did more things. I Just want to know if this is pretty normal to feel this way when you have a mononucleosis relapse, and if maybe my vitamin D deficiency triggered it.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
Weakness is a common feature seen associated with any viral infection. A relapse of infectious mononucleosis makes you even more prone to this kind of attacks of generalized weakness. I would advise that you support your body with good hydration, adequate sleep, a well-balanced diet and a moderate exercise regimen. Exercise is actually good for the immune system which is why I suggest it here. In addition you can supplement your diet with some Vitamin C - 1000 mg daily and consider drinking some immune boost type of tea such as Echinacea which is readily available at most supermarkets.
I also encourage you continue with the treatment advised by your health care provider regularly for early remisssion.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Follow-up: Fatigue after mononucleosis relapse, vitamin supplementation dosage 16 minutes later
Is exercise really recommended? Ive heard exercising while having mono can prolong it, and I want to get better as soon as possible.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 46 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

Mild amount of light exercise like aerobics actually boosts the immunity and helps in early recovery. So, maintain a healthy lifestyle and get well soon.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Follow-up: Fatigue after mononucleosis relapse, vitamin supplementation dosage 58 minutes later
Given my medical history and precscriptions (I forgot to add I take 0000IU of vitamind2 twice a week) how long would you say I should see improvements in my health? Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

Good to hear from your again.

You can expect an improvement in your symptoms in 2 weeks time but the complete recovery might take upto 4 to 6 weeks with good dietary habits and appropriate supplements.

The improvement depends from person to person.