Father has history of BP and diabetes. Planning to have complete health check up. Which is the best health package?

I am planning to have a complete health checkup for my parents who are 55+ yrs old. My father has BP and diabetes. My mother doesn't any medical history, we know of, but is very weak. I want to know as which health packages would be good at this age.

Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 5 hours later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Different hospitals have different packages. I will give you an example of Apollo hospitals

For both of them you want want the following two packages:

Apollo master health check (AMHC)
Apollo XXXXXXX citizens health check (ASCHC) pack II

The tests should include the tests mentioned in the above package i.e,

Haemogram - Haemoglobin, Packed cell volume, R.B.C. count, MCHC/MCV/MCH, Total W.B.C./Differential Count, E.S.R., Peripheral Smear, Platelet Count

Biochemical Parameters - Fasting & PP Blood Sugar, Urea /Creatinine, Uric Acid

Lipid Profile - Total Cholesterol, HDL Cholesterol, LDL Cholesterol, Triglycerides, Total Cholesterol /HDL Ratio

Liver Function Tests - Total Protein/Albumin/Globulin, SGPT/SGOT, Alkaline Phosphatase, GGTP, S. Bilirubin

General Tests - Blood Grouping-Rh Typing, Complete Urine Analysis, Stool Test, ECG (Resting), X-Ray Chest, Ultrasonogram of the abdomen (Screening only), Pap Smear (for women), Clinical examination, medical summary and advice by a XXXXXXX Consultant Physician, Surgical Consultation for men and Gynec Consultation for women
TSH, Calcium, Stool for Occult Blood, Dexa Scan, PSA (Men) / Mammogram (Women), Evaluation and advice by a Geriatric Consultant, Diet Counselling, Physiotherapy Consult (if required)

Let me know if I can assist you further

Dr Vaishalee