Fat malabsorption, bloating. Diagnosed with gastritis, polyp, postural orthostatic Tachycardia syndrome. Advice?

General Surgeon
I was put in the hospital because of loss of weight due to fat malabsorption . This all started after a preterm delivery of my baby- frequently I get bloating after I eat and more currently I just feel hungry a lot after I eat- I had an EGD showed gastritis and then they did a Colonoscopy that showed I had a polyp I am unsure of the size. They took it out and the dr just told me that is very rare for a 26 female to have a polyp in their colon. I am very concerned. There is no history of Colon Cancer in my family- there is no GI history whatsoever. They did not find any inflammatory disease; so why would a lady my age have a polyp. I am very scared. I do not smoke I never did I do not drink or use drugs. I have had other tests like CT of Abdomen and Pelvis , Right Upper Quad ultrasound, HIDA scan , AMylace and Lipase testing , many stool testing with the only positive is 1+ fat. I am very concerned and scared- let alone the fact that im losing weight bc im not getting nutrition and now I have this polyp too . I am thinking about finding a New GI doc because they don't seem to be helping me . I don't know what else to do :-( Could this be a precursor of inflammatory bowel? in some ways I hope so. I have been under MAJOR stress I lost my baby in October then 2 weeks later got diagnosed with IBS type symptoms as I get diarrhea AND constipation

I do not have cystic fibrosis I was tested for this in pregnancy (not sure why) but they keep asking me about it
I was healthy prior to pregnancy.
im very anxious/stressed
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 36 minutes later
A polyp can occur in any age ,even at the age of 10 years.
As it is removed,what was the Biopsy/Histo pathological examination report?
Your investigations are normal.
If the biopsy report didn't show any evidence of cancer,there in no problem.
Most of the polyps are non cancerous.
If you do not develop vomiting and you pass normal stools once daily,your digestive process is good.
Please avoid stress as it has direct action on the movement of the bowels and also can lead to gastritis.
Please practise yoga and meditation.
Please take Rabeprazole for gastritis and Pre and Probiotic capsule for IBS.Pre and Probiotic will also improve the large bowel flora.
Nothing to worry.
If you come back with Biopsy report of polyp,i will clarify further.
Follow-up: Fat malabsorption, bloating. Diagnosed with gastritis, polyp, postural orthostatic Tachycardia syndrome. Advice? 2 minutes later
they just did the biopsy yesterday I have no report my question is can a polyp also be a precursor to inflammatory bowel disease
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 19 minutes later
Yes,polyp can be due to inflammatory bowel disease.
Please wait for the biopsy report which gives correct and complete diagnosis.