Fasting blood test revealed high sugar level, high hemoglobin level, hypercholesterolemic. Can be reduced by exercise?

I recently had a fasting blood test for insurance purposes and was declined. my glucose is 212, fructosamine 2.55, hemoglobin A1c 10.7, GGT 138, SGPT (ALT) 73, VLDL 43, Triglycerides 215 and Cholesterol/HDL 5.47. All other chemistries are normal. I have all of the symptoms of Type 2 diabetes. I am 5 ft 11 inches and weigh 235. I have been doing at least 2 - 4 miles on a treadmill at least 5 days per week for the past 6 weeks. Hepatitis c is non reactive.I was drinking 3-4 times a week fairly heavily My question is, if I stop drinking alcohol which I have diet properly which I have started and continue using the treadmill will these levels go down in order for me to qualify for health insurance?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 41 minutes later

Usually the goal of diabetes management is to strive to keep fasting blood sugars under 140 mg/dL and preferably closer to the 70 to 120 mg/dL range.
Your blood glucose level of 212 mg% indicates very high levels of sugars.

Hemoglobin A1c levels in diabetics which is considered as normal are less than 6.5. Your levels are very high.

Your lipid and liver profile does indicate that you are hypercholesterolemic and treatment is needed.

You definitely require medications for bringing down the levels and lifestyle modification would help in control and would prevent them from rising.

Doing some lifestyle changes will help you further like-
1. Reduce saturated fat intake.
2. Follow your health-care provider's treatment recommendations..
3. Increase dietary fiber.
4. Increase aerobic exercise.
5. Drink plenty of water.
6. Avoid coffee, alcohol, and smoking if you do.

Remember, increased blood sugar can contribute to other infections as Urinary infections, vision disorder, foot problems, etc.

Kindly start the medication earliest, as I feel only diet management and exercises will not be sufficient for you at this stage as a main treatment.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept the answer in case you do not have any follow up query.