Fasting blood glucose was 123. Total cholesterol was 210. How should I control?

My fasting blood glucose this morning was123 at a local health fair. My total cholesterol was210. hdl=82 ldl=104 trig=116. bmi is 25 and bf is 34.5%. What can I do to decrease odds of diabetes? I already walk briskly for 30 min. /day % times week. I do eat fast food more than I should.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
life style modification

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir

Welcome to healthcare magic

I reviewed your case throughly. American diabetes association cut off value for fasting blood sugars are 126. . Your cholesterol levels are in borderline. Range.

Therefore life style modification along with diet and exercise is sufficient to take care of your sugar, prevent future diabetes and lower cholesterol numbers. Avoid taking fast foods take foods XXXXXXX in fruits and vegetables.
Walk two timbr per day both morning and evening for half an hour.

Plan another test - glycosylated hemoglobin (Hba1c) after couple of months.

At this situation you can consider metformin. But I recommend you to wait till you get hba1c

Hope information is helpful.

Follow-up: Fasting blood glucose was 123. Total cholesterol was 210. How should I control? 1 hour later
would you recommend monitoring carb intake? Also, would it be beneficial to monitor bg levels at home? Can stress have any effect? It has been very stressful month.
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Recommended carb monitiring

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir

Carbs monitoring recommended. You can do blood sugar monitoring at home once in a while; but prefer to check them at laboratory for confirmation. Home blood sugar monitoring is more useful for patients with diabetes on insulin.

Stress increases blood sugars. Please avoid stress at all costs