Fast heart rate and low blood pressure after workouts. No breathing difficulty. Should I be worried?

Iwork out for an hour a day 6 days a week. My heart rate for my workouts is usually about 130 bpm. Recently i have been trying to amp up my workout, so for the last couple of minutes of the workout i aim for 150 bpm. My normal blood pressure is 130/79. Today after my worrkout i took my pressure and it was 99/59 and my heart rate was 110. I had no symptoms other than breathing hard. I took my pressure again after about 5 min and it was back to normal. Do i have anything to worry about?
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 25 minutes later
If you don't have any problem of pain in chest or sweating or discomfort or uneasiness, then there is no problem at all and you can carry on with your exercises.
But ideally speaking a person should do exercises which are enough to raise his heart beats to 75% of maximal heart rate ( MHR ) for maximum 10 to 15 minutes.
The formula for MHR is to subtract your age in years from 220.
In your case it comes out to 220-45 = 175
75% of 175 is around 132.So your peak time heart beats should not cross 130.
Make it a point not to cross 130 bpm when doing strenuous exercises.

I hope it helps however; you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Fast heart rate and low blood pressure after workouts. No breathing difficulty. Should I be worried? 16 hours later
I thought that the low reading could have been a mistake, so I waited a half hour or so and tried taking my blood pressure after another workout. This time it was high (158/83) BUT my moniter was showing an irregular heartbeat. I could feel my heart pounding and missing a few beats, but this lasted only a minute or so. After 5 min or so i retested my bp and it was back to normal. I did this several other times and always the same result (irregular heartbeat). This has happened in the past, but only once or twice not after every workout. Should this concern me?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 23 minutes later

Although irregular heartbeats can be caused by simple anxiety or even hyperventilation and can be found in people with normal heart; but many times it may be associated with some cardiac issues like coronary artery disease etc.

It is always better to remove all doubts if these beats are occurring to you in regular basis.

I would advise you to fix up an appointment with a cardiologist to rule out any cardiac cause.

Thanks and best of luck