Family history of cancer. What should I take for menopause symptoms?

I want to know what I can take for menopause symptoms . My gyn will not give me anything because of my strong family history of cancer. My sister says she has been on a low dose patch for 10 years and is fine. What do you think about natural remedies?
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 5 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Soy bean has natural phyto esterons which can help (from the plant sources).
If you have night sweats and change in your blood pressure, and sleep problem, some medication from the class of alpha 2 agonists (like clonidine, guanfacine would be helpful).
If you have change in mood and sleep problems, some medication from the class of SSRI can help.
Some people who have just sleep problem and anxiety can take advantage of a medication from the class of Z drugs. Yoga and/or meditation can also help significantly.
Ask your doctor about the thing that can help you according to your situation. I wish you a good health.