Falsely accused of punching someone. Hand could show injuries?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have been falsely accused of punching someone in the mouth and busting their lip. Its my word against theirs. Shouldn't I have injury to my hand if I punched them in the mouth? Is this something a DR could look at and determine if my hand showed related injuries?
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 41 minutes later
There is a possibility of a blunt injury in your hand if you have actually punched someone. The absence of any such injury does not rule out the possibility of punching. The presence of a blunt injury or bruise will however help in proving the guilt.
You can ask for a medical examination and it will help as a contributory evidence to prove that you are innocent.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.