Fallopian tubes are terminally dilated. Ovaries and uterus in normal shape. Suggested IUI. Risk involved?

Hi Dr. During HL Scopy doctor found my both Fallopian tubes are terminally dilated Ovaries & uterus is in normal shape. Doctor suggested me IUI after 3 months. I would like to know natural conceive or IUI has risk of ectopic pregnancy for me. Is this critical risk. My other report like HSG & follicle study are normal.
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Another opinion. Chances of ectopic is less.

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for using XXXXXXX

Since your report of HSG is normal, your fallopian tube can't be dilated terminally. So be relaxed.

But if it is dilated at the terminal part then the chance of getting implantation in the fallopian tube is there due to failure of movement of ovum/fertilized egg to uterus. So get one more opinion with another gynecologist showing the reports to plan further.

In dilated fallopian tube IUI will not carry any risk of ectopic pregnancy but the natural method to conceive can cause this problem and it is a critical risk.

So I advice you to take one more opinion from your Gynaecologist.

Hope this clarified your query. Feel free to ask if any query and I will be glad to answer them.
Wish you good health.