Fall,lower back pain,difficulty lifting leg

I fell backwards real hard on my rear. Pain in lower back and when sitting cannot lift my one leg. All is on left side. I am 55.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

After falling backwards, pain in lower back and inability to lift one leg could mean a serious injury. You might have suffered a fracture of spinal vertebra with compression of nerves of one side or a fracture of pubic bone. This needs an urgent medical attention.

You need to attend an ER immediately for proper treatment. Till then do not sit and keep lying straight on the back. Do not move out of your bed at all. Absolute bed rest is needed.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.