Fall on sharp edge causing sporadic leg pain below that point. Could it lead to CRPS?

Oncologist, Surgical
Greetings, 12 days ago I fell on a sharp edge of a doorway about 2 inches below the bottom of my left knee cap. There is still swelling around that point, but the abrasion seems to be healing ok. I am more concerned that my leg below that point continues to ache, sometimes keeping me up at night. Ibuprofen seems to help some, but the pain is sporadic. At what point should I worry that this might be more than normal healing and be something like CRPS?

I've never used this service before, but I really appreciate you help. I don't have insurance and limited funds for seeking medical assistance unless it is absolutely necessarily.
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 hour later
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Thank you for sharing the history and the clinical picture. From your symptoms and the picture, it looks like you still have a lot of inflammation at the area where the injury took place and there is an element of cellulitis as well (spreading infection). This would require a course of antibiotics and pus inside the wound also has to be ruled out.
You can go to the ER and have this evaluated. ER won't charge anything and you can get a prescription for an antibiotic which would help in the wound healing.
If not treated properly, this infection can spread to the rest of the leg as well.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.