Fall down on backwards. Scan done. Have had headache, nausea and dizziness. How to get cured?

I fell backwards down about 9 concrete steps tuesday night. Went to er and they did a scan and sent me home. I have had a headache and nausea since and dizzy when i get up. Hit my head by left temple and by my crown. Should i go back to er or will this pass? Also loud sounds and smells that i always smell make e nausous
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 2 hours later

You had concussion injury to brain resulting in headache, nausea, dizziness, and abnormal sounds and smell. This is the result of injury to brain below the temple (temporal bone).

As I can make out, CT scan of brain is normal and what you need is good amount of rest for 5-7 days and symptomatic treatment under guidance of your primary physician.

If these symptoms persist or aggravate, get a re-evaluation done and if needed MRI of brain.

I do not see a need to rush to the ER now.

Hope this helps. Please do write back for follow up queries that you may have.