Fainting during ejaculation, body becomes paralyzed for entire orgasm. Is something wrong?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
why am i almost fainting at ejaculation when i masturbate? For the past month when i get to climax and I start ejaculating I can not continue to stroke myself because my body becomes almost paralyzed for the entire orgasm. I remembering this happening to me a few years ago but I never was worried about it but now i have a girlfriend and i don't want to be embarrassed. what is wrong?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
During sexual stimulation, our peripheral blood vessels dilate causing a peripheral pooling of blood thus reducing the blood supply to the vital organs like brain. This causes dizziness and fainting.
This episode becomes more prominent if you are standing. It can also happen due to short and quick breathing during the stimulation which causes hyperventilation causing fainting.
Laying flat is usually all that is needed to recover. Raising your legs can increase blood flow to the brain and to the heart.
If such episodes are recurrent then you need to consult your health care provider to exclude any heart rate rhythm disturbances.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.