Fainted, dehydration, on pill, low blood pressure, transient hypoglycemia

Dear Doctor
Four weeks ago I fainted and blacked out I was taken to accident and emergency, told I was dehydrated and sent home. Since then I have been having dizzy spells regular and feeling sick regular but not actually being sick. Last Tuesday I collapsed again and when I went to the doctor he sent me back to accident and emergency due to my blood pressure being below normal. I was given an ECG and a full blood count and it all came back normal. I was then put on a tape for 24 hours. Yesterday I was again in hospital this time I had a positive d dimer test and was sent for a scan on lungs and chest x XXXXXXX all came back normal. I am currently on the microgynon contraceptive pill and have been for a year and a half. Please help me I still have severe left and central chest pain, feel dizzy, feel sick and I'm very weak. I'm otherwise a healthy 25 year old female.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later

Thanks for your query,I have read through it in detail.

The most commonest causes resulting in black out /fainting are from central nervous system and heart.

Since your BP noticed after the incident was low I would consider high priority need to rule out cardiac involvement more than any other cause. Well ECG do serve the purpose but I do not consider it complete.A 2D Echocardiography and a Carotid Doppler may be needed here.

Other common less serious causes to be considered would be transient hypoglycemia, I would also ask you to get the blood glucose levels checked when ever you feel dizzy.Its better to have a glucometer at home which helps in the same.

The above investigations i advised will surely provide good insights into your problem.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.