Faint line on pregnancy test. Found small endometrium, prescribed progesterone. Am I pregnant?

Hello Doctor
I am 28 yrs old and i have 4yrs old daughter. Now me n my hubby are trying for a second baby,my LMP was on 8th feb'13, and still i didnt got my periods. I checked on home pregnancy kit,it was showing faint pink line on it. So i checked with doctor also,she said XXXXXXX she can see a small endometrium" ...and also gave me progesterone tabs as i was having miscarriage history. Doctor does it mean i am pregnant? We were planning for a baby since last 1 yr n i dont want to take any risk this time plzz give some guidance....Thank You.
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 23 minutes later
Thanks for discussing your concerns with us.
The information provided by you may indicate many things like:
1. It may indicate an early pregnancy.
2. It may indicate a failing or already failed pregnancy.
3. or it may indicate an ectopic pregnancy.
A blood pregnancy test ( serum beta hCG ) & a trans-vaginal ultrasound is highly informative in such cases.
So, my advise for you is to follow your doctors advise & continue having regular blood tests & ultrasounds, whichever is suggested by your doctor till the fate of this pregnancy is clear.
Please write back if you want to discuss this further.
Wish you best of luck.