Faint line on pregnancy test. Blood and urine test showed positive. Is this proper?

My last LMP 26th May. I did my Urine Pregnancy Test on 7th July and the result given to me was weak postive. I had given my blood for serum beta HCG whose result was >2 mIU/ml. Again on 11th July, i did urine pregnancy test and its positive and serum beta HCG shows 56.72

Is this proper?
Also my gynac has advised me to wait for 1 more week and see.
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 20 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query,
As your urine test for pregnancy is positive and beta HCG test is strongly positive, it shows strong sign of having pregnancy. The levels have also been increasing. However, at 6 weeks of pregnancy the levels should be 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml. Since your levels are lower, I would suggest a transvaginal ultrasound also be done so that we can be sure its an intrauterine pregnancy.
Your gynaecologist has advised to wait till a week as after one week she will go again for HCG test and if there is increasing titre of HCG will confirm the pregnancy.
Hope I answered your query.
If you have further query or clarification, please ask.
I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Faint line on pregnancy test. Blood and urine test showed positive. Is this proper? 8 hours later
Thanks for the response. How do I confirm that this is my sixth week of pregnancy? As I ovulated on my 17th day of period as per the follicular study done and had a brown discharge on 6th July and my gynac told me that it was implantation bleeding.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 36 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
In this condition only a transvaginal ultrasound can give you your exact dates. An abdominal ultrasound probably wouldnt show anything till the 8th week.
I hope I have I answered your query. Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
If you do not have further query or clarification,youcan close the discussion and rate the answer.