Faint line in urine pregnancy test, taking Deviry. Periods re-start?

hi, i checked my pregnancy on friday and found a faint line in the urine test.. consulted my gynae she prescribed me derivy10mg for 3 times for 3 days
i have finished the course today... when will i have my periods
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 18 minutes later

A faint line can be indicative of pregnancy and the tablet Deviry contains Medroxyprogeterone which is indicated for menstrual problems as irregular periods/abnormal periods,uterine disorder due to some hormonal imbalance.

The bleeding occurs after 3 to seven days of stopping the drug.

If missed periods are due to reasons other than pregnancy then periods would start within a weeks time.

But if you are pregnant then this drug is not used in that case.

You can do a intravaginal scan and confirm for pregnancy if you still do not get periods.

Kindly visit a Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query.