Failed pregnancy due to embryo settling in tube, cramps and periods. Is Raspa or scraping of uterus necessary?

Hi my wife had a failed pregnancy due to embryo settled in the left tube. It was released by medical injection. She did not notice it came out but she had cramps and now natural period. The tubes are now clear . This was checked by a Gynecologist. She is Filipino and is wndering if a Raspa or scraping of the uterus is necessary
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 1 hour later
Hi there.

Thank you for placing your question.

Your wife has suffered a left sided tubal pregnancy. This is also called an ectopic pregnancy and is due to a fertilised ovum not being able to return to the uterus for implantation after conception.

Only her Gynecologist is in the best position to say whether or not she needs a scraping of her womb. My own feeling is that, given that she has normal periods again now, she probably will not need any further intervention.

I hope this helps and that you can accept this answer.

Wishing your wife good health.