Failed in urine tests due to low creatinine levels. Tested positive for opiates test. Advise?

The mother of my son has been ordered by the court to take random drug tests. She failed 3 of her urine tests due to low creatinine levels (below 12) which indicate flushing/dirty tests. She also tested positive for opiates in another test and later produced a prescription that was written a week after that test. She is now allowed to utilize oral swab tests which do not measure creatinine. My attorney has suggested that I look on line for a recent scientific study that would indicate to the court the absolute necessity of the return to urine tests. I have done several google searches but the studies I found were 5-7 years old. I think a study in a medical journal--a primary source--rather than the summaries I have found would be most credible. Can you please suggest some places where I might look?
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Use;international medical site

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

I shall try my best to provide you with as much information there is out there about the two tests. Most studies conducted are quite primitive, but there are a few advantages of urine drug tests over oral (saliva) tests.

1. Urine tests are more accurate in comparison to saliva tests ( WWW.WWWW.WW
2. Can be used to detect drug abuse of a single dose taken at least 1.5-4 days before, at least for the next 1 week in chronic users or even longer in certain cases; whereas saliva test can detect more recent drug tests accurately (5-48 hours). You can find this information in a published journal, here are the details: Verstraete AG. Detection times of drugs of abuse in blood, urine, and oral fluid. Clinical Biology Laboratory, Ghent University Hospital, B-9000 Ghent, Belgium. YYYY@YYYY . Ther Drug Monit. 2004 Apr;26(2):200-5. From: WWW.WWWW.WW 3. Oral fluid tests can report a higher result than the correct concentrations (Crouch DJ. University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 0000, USA. YYYY@YYYY . Oral fluid collection: the neglected variable in oral fluid testing. Forensic Sci Int. 2005 Jun 10;150(2-3):165-73. From: WWW.WWWW.WW

1. Urine tests can be tampered with
2. More invasive

I hope this information helps. Please write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.