Failed IUI, done follicle study, can have sex on fifteenth day. What are the chances of conceiving?

Mine is a unexplained second infertility problem largely due to my husband being abroad and we have only 3 months time of togetherness. All reports normal, We have already been visiting gynaecologist, had IUI twice, follicle study everything. However we didnt go to the gynaecologist wanted to try naturally. And also I was a bit dejected after last months IUI failure. This time I had one more chance of 1 month but as my hubby had to go for a training will miss 12th day and 14th day , and he will be here on 15th day. And then after a week he will go for a 5 month assignment onboard ship. What are my chances of conceiving if we have intercourse on 15th 16th day. Lastmonth after my IUI my periods were delayed by 1week(i,e 38 days from LMP). Do I still have a chance. I have one daughter who is already about to be 9 years. Times running out and this time I just have this month with my hubby.
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 30 minutes later

Thanks for writing.

As you have only the chance now, instead of trying for natural way go for ovulation study.

It is possible that still ovulation might be to occur and during ovulation study, if doctor found ovum to be released, you go for intercourse for 2-3 days and chances of fertilization is very much there.

I think there are all the chances of having pregnancy as your last period delayed for one week.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Failed IUI, done follicle study, can have sex on fifteenth day. What are the chances of conceiving? 49 minutes later
Already ovulation study has been done in the past few months he was here. And nothing worked out. So thought of trying naturally..My period was 13th August It started at night. So whats my fertile window in terms of dates.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 10 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Ovulation study does not increase chances of pregnancy, but helps us predict the exact time of ovulation and as I said in my earlier reply unprotected sexual intercourse within the ovulation period time frame is more fruitful - hence the better chances of pregnancy.
In simple terms, ovulation study helps you to know the best time to involve in sexual intercourse.

If your last period was on 13th august, presuming your cycles are regular, the most fertile periods as per my calculations are between 25th and 30th of August.

Hope I answered you query. Let me know if you have further enquiries.
If you do not have further query or clarification, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.