Ask a Urologist   »  

Faecal smell in urine. What is wrong?

Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 52 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I understand your poop smelling urine is of concern to you.

Normally, faecal smell in the urine is a concern requiring you to review with a physician immediately.

The causes that have a role in this are - fistula from the intestines to the urinary tract, extreme dehydration, sulphur containing food intake especially plant products like asparagus etc. It also could be entirely normal and nothing actually may be wrong with you.

First impression, as you are taking a multitude of plant products which I realize have many heavy metals as their contents might be the initial culprit.

But,, you will have to rule out a fistula. And that needs a surgeon's review.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.