Factor VIII is high in test result. What is it?

Factor viiii high 183 what iis this
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
pro thrombotic stage

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir

Factor VIII (FVIII) is an essential blood-clotting protein , also known as anti-hemophilic factor (AHF). In humans, factor VIII is encoded by the F8 gene.

Increase in the factor increases the risk of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism, which are really XXXXXXX condition which needs immediate attention and treatment. You might need further investigation and consultation with specialist. I would refer you to a hematologist for further evaluation. You might need oral anticoagulant drugs with anti platelet drugs to avoid present risk.

So consult a hematologist at the earliest.

Follow-up: Factor VIII is high in test result. What is it? 1 hour later
Should i go to ER ? I has anticadiolipid done was negavtibe , philoslipid negative , and i staerted horomes 6 days ago ? I take a asprin a day . I am concerned there is nonwat to stop a pulmonarybemboli or dvt . How long have i had this ? Can this number change and go to normal
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Don't be concerned if you are asymptomatic...

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir

Do not be worried. You need to visit the ER and get further tests if you are symptomatic. However it is better to visit a hematologist and discuss about further tests at the earliest.

The numbers might not go back to normal and it's difficult to predict how long you been with it.