Facing sweating, heat rashes and irritation at groin area in summer. How to treat this?

Ayurveda Specialist
Every summer I face huge sweat - heat Rashes and irritation at groin area. This is basically a heat & sweat Rash. this is specif to that area and does not affect any other part.

I am using frenchie inners which is rubbing in the same part. However I have tried long briefs but that has not helped much.

I have consulted dermatologists, they have advised a medicine which relieves me for short period or that specific season, but every year I get same problem.

Kindly advice the measures and medicine for long term remedy?
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 30 hours later

1. Sweat rash is commonly found in areas of skin which rub together and groin region is no such exception.
2. Due to two conditions being associated in your history i.e. Summer and Sweating: both results in overgrowth of Candida (yeast infection) causing fungal skin infection resulting in inflammation and subsequent irritation and itching in summers.

3. You have not mentioned about your activities during summers: are you a sporty person or workout at gym? And also about your Weight?

4. As you said in your history that you have consulted Dermatologist, it may be presumed that they might have ruled out ‘Dhobi’ itch or ‘Jock’ itch which is ringworm of the skin of the groin?

5. By Long briefs does you mean “Boxers” or else?

6. In Ayurveda we hold that most of the itching is caused due to problems associated with ‘Vata dosha’ and by pacifying the aggravated ‘vata’i.e. impurities in the Rakta (blood) and Stress we can bring down the signs and symptoms of itching.

7. Make sure that (in Summers) after bath you give enough time to the groin area to get itself DRY, either Sun exposure or drying with Soft Towel,because Fungus grows in warm, and moist area.

8. Reduce sugar intake,as it is the main food of yeast,bacteria and fungus.

9. You can opt for a variety of ayurveda medicines like Haridra,Amalaki,Trikatu,Triphala, Neem capsules,Haridrakhand,Agastya Rasayan by Consulting with an Ayurveda Physician there for further
necessary management.

For any further clarification please revert back