Facing severe hair loss. Prescribed tricovit for alopeciaareta. Is this medicine effective?

I m going thru severe hair loss ,I m diagnosed alopeciaareta one month back.

?This is th first time ,i have got problem, Nobody in my family has this problem.

Doc prescribed me tricovit .Pls tell me how effective ths medicine is and will it help in protecting my weak hair?
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 19 hours later

Dr XXXXXXX is not available and he has some professional commitments. I am answering on his behalf.

Tricovit is appropriate tablet given for these conditions but the benefits are not too great. Since the condition recovers by itself doctor use it in routine clinical practice as supplement for hair vitamins and minerals.

If you there is not much of hair loss you should not worry and the hair regrows again even without any treatment.

Hope this helps.
Dr. Mazumdar.