Facing severe hair fall and weight loss. Taking proper diet. Looking for remedy

Sir, I am 32 yr old female .. and facing heavy hair fall from last two months.. hairs are coming from roots in bunch..
also want to share that in four months i have reduced my wieght from 75 Kg to 62 KG with help of excecises and non -fat diet..
sir ... i am reqeusting you to kindly give me the solution to stop hair immediately as this is giving me tension and frustration.
I would also add few things.. that due to my busy schedule i have not OIL mail hairs in last two years .. i was only doing shampoo to my hair .. and from last two months my hairs gets start falling from the root and continouly falling .. i have also started hot oil message to my hairs now but when I do Oiling and shampoo at that time i face heavy hair fall ...
My 80% hairs gets off.. as far as diet is concerned I take good diet.. that include eggs, curt, seasonal fruits , salat, lentils , vegetables.. nuts... i have also started calcium capsule recently.
I do excercise daily and take healthy food..good sleep also have no depression.
Sir.. please help to stop my hair fall and re-growth of my hairs..
apart from this if you have any further question ... sir you can touch with me on my contact number or email
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 35 minutes later

I understand your concern. I think you must be losing hair significantly.

If so, we must know the cause in your case the diet restriction and weight loss of 12 kg in a short time may be the reason but if it is done with medical supervision with proper nutrition supplementation like vitamins and minerals. Please let me know.

To know more about what could be causing the hair fall I would like to know the following:

a) Is it general or limited to an area?
b) Is there is any infection like fungal?
c) Do you suffer with Hypo or Hyperthyroid problems?
d) Any trauma to hairs (sometimes self induced)?
e) Post Delivery state?
f) Any X XXXXXXX Exposure?
g) Any kind of chemical Injury?
h) Any skin disease?
i) Systemic illness like Anaemia?

Normally also hair grows in cyclic pattern; scalp hairs rest for 3 months and it is normal to lose some hairs during this state. Telogen effluvium is a conditional shedding of abnormally large quantity of hairs in situations like certain stresses such as pregnancy, surgery, acute febrile illness, acute psychiatric illness or severe emotional or physical trauma.

If any specific cause is there then we can advise to consult a specific expert.

In the mean time have well balanced diet nutritious diet and exercise regularly. It is also important to reduce stress by some yoga and meditation - this helps in treating hair fall. Keep your head clean with good shampoo and condition them with good conditioner protect from direct sunlight.

Hope this suffices for now. I await your reply to comment more about this problem.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Follow-up: Facing severe hair fall and weight loss. Taking proper diet. Looking for remedy 2 hours later
Dear Sir, Thanks for your instant response.
first of all if Diet is concerned however this was not done in supervision of any expert.. i have taken this from web as suggested by one nutrionist which i hv taken below
breakfast - 2 eggs w/o yoke, one glass milk two brown bread with peanut butter
after two hour - sprouts/ any fruit
lunch- one bowl curd, one chappati, good amount of salad, vegetable
after 2-3 hour - one fruit / tea with two buiscut
evening before 8 - salad in good amoutn
in night - one glass milk
and also done one hour excecise

Now i would like to give reply to your questions:

a) Is it general or limited to an area?
Sir , its not happening with specific area.. it is happening in overall head.
I am not feeling like any infection or fungal-- please advise how i can come to know about this.
before six months and before going for wight loss diet , i have got tested and no
Not able to understand this ?
e) Post Delivery state?
Presently my dauguter in four year old and every thing is ok
f) Any X XXXXXXX Exposure?

g) Any kind of chemical Injury?
No chemical injury.

h) Any skin disease?
No Skin disease.

i) Systemic illness like Anaemia?

No such disease.

Apart from this i have delivered my baby through C-sec.. but that has happened four year.
apart from that post diet i dont feel any weakness or something.

is the reason may be due to not oiling my hair for last two years..?

Sir, i am not able to understand .. please advise what to do..

I have also consulted with my family doctor and they have advised to take me two tablets daily for three months i.e. Hairbless from lifestar company which is recently launched for this purpose.
and Calcium capsule from company CORCIUM PLUS * LUPIN LIMITED.

*Sesa hair oil and Sesa shampoo also i am using for last one week

Sir,i might be tensed with this as i am facing such good amount of heavy hair fall ... would request your advise.

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 30 minutes later
Thanks for your input.

I think your hair loss is related to your rapid weight loss, sometimes such weight loss is a stress to body and we need to monitor from time to time and proper vitamin and micro nutrients are required to be given.

Sometimes when you cut fats to the extent, fat soluble vitamin deficiency occurs.

You should visit a good Dermatologist and take the treatment. It may be Telogen effluvium?

Please also take proper balanced diet and continue exercise but weight loss at the rate of 1 Kg /month.

I think your hair fall is temporary and would stop/slow in 1 to 3 weeks.

Some hair fall is normal process so do not worry.
Please inform me about progress.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Follow-up: Facing severe hair fall and weight loss. Taking proper diet. Looking for remedy 26 minutes later
Thanks sir.. but my hair fall is not small.. in last two months i have lost 80% of my hairs..i am worried about some worst result..

however I take your advise and visit a Dermatologist and also get back to you.
Just have one doubt in my mind.. i have heard in my friend circle that hairs which has already fallen , on that place no new hair grows.. is this situation happens..? please clear my doubt sir...

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

Please do not worry as stress is not good for even the health of the hair.

If the hair loss is confirmed to be from TE, then it can be treated and hair can grow as long as hair follicles are there. In such case, if the cause is removed and proper nutritional supplementation is provided, the hair grows back.

Zinc, B6, B12, and L Lysine are common deficiencies that can occur. Even Minoxidil may be used for the treatment, but only after consulting a Dermatologist.

Some drugs can also cause a hair fall.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.