Facing problems with sex addiction. How to overcome this?

Dec 2012

problems with sex addiction . faithfil but hard to stop thinking about pretty girlsi see .what can I do im not married but in relationship? alot of sexual frustration.
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sexual addiction is all in your mind

Detailed Answer:

thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

What you are experiencing is what some people of sexual age undergo especially when they are exposed to too much erotic scenes (video, photos etc). The baseline for sexual addiction is being too idle. Idling makes your mind wonder and you instinctively drive your minds towards something that can satisfy you. I do not know for sure the nature of your occupation, but if you had a time consuming job that keeps your mind and body busy, you will have lesser time for sex addiction.
But in the event that you do not have work that occupies you most of the time, you will have to go through a psychotherapy (develop the ability yourself to want to stop having this sexual drive).
Suppressing sexual addiction can be challenging but you can achieve (and you are already in the right path accepting the fact that you are suffering from sex addiction).
The key point in getting rid of that is trying to keep your mind busy at all time and only think of sex for a little while. I might take a while but you will reach that point.
If this does not help, then you will need to pay a visit to a psychiatrist or sex counselor.

Hope this helps and please feel to write back for any other questions.
Dr. Nsah