Facing problems in conceiving. Suggest the tests to be taken to determine the problem

Infertility Specialist
My wife is 31 years of age. she is having problemg in conceiving. she s healthy though. what are the reports that needs to be verified to confirm that she is sure to conceive?? we are trying from past one year and to note my sprem count is fine. please advice
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Tubal patency test & ovulation test needed. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX For conception to occur, three basic things are required. One is normal semen analysis, second is regular ovulation & third is patent tubes (along with normal uterus). As your semen is normal we will come to other things. Regarding ovulation, if wife's menstrual cycles are regular & come in every 25-35days, there is 99% chance that ovulation is happening regularly & test need not be done. If its irregular, she requires one ovulation test in the form of ultrasound follicular monitoring OR one blood test (Serum progesterone) done 7 days before next expected menses. Regarding tubal patency, it can be checked either by sonosalpingography/hysterosalpingography/laparoscopy. In these tests XXXXXXX is injected into uterus & its spill seen through ultrasound scan OR X-ray OR through laparoscope respectively. Which test is best for her depends on ultrasound findings. To start with you can go to gynecologist/infertility specialist on 2nd/3rd day of her menses (Day of starting menses is counted as first day) & get one baseline trans-vaginal scan done. That scan should include uterine size, endometrial thickness, ovarian volume & antral follicle count in ovaries & any abnormality if detected. You can ask your doctor to specifically see for these things. Kindly start with it & let me know the report so that further guidance can be given. In the meanwhile please provide some points so that further treatment can be planned. 1. Semen analysis report: You can upload one copy. 2. How are wife's menstrual cycle: Regular/irregular. What is the date of last menses. 3. Did wife anytime in past suffered from fever associated with foul smelling vaginal discharge? If yes, what treatment was taken. 4. Any other tests already done. 5. What treatment you have taken for conception till now? Awaiting reply, Regards.
Follow-up: Facing problems in conceiving. Suggest the tests to be taken to determine the problem 23 minutes later
1) Semen report s fine. I will upload one copy in sometime 2) Cycle is regular. last cycle was on 23rd October 3) No. she had no issues. But during Feb 2012 she underwent laproscopy for external fibroids. removed successfully. she took rest for 6 months 4) TMA test was positive. and she was under medication for 6 months from October 2012. we never had intercourse during this period. we started trying again from march this year she underwent tube test in April 2013and result was - tubes are open but delayed spilling on the right 5)she s currently undergoing homeopathy medication
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Superovulation with IUI should help. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. In your case superovulation with IUI should help. In superovulation medicines (tablets with or without injection FSH) are started from day 2/3 of menses to make more than one follicles & when they rupture, husband's processed seen is injected directly into wife's uterus. This increases chance of pregnancy by 3-4 fold. Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have other concerns. If not, you can close the discussion & rate the answer. If you have further queries please don't hesitate to ask. I will be happy to help you. Wish you good health. Regards.
Follow-up: Facing problems in conceiving. Suggest the tests to be taken to determine the problem 31 minutes later
can you please advise what are tests do we have to undergo before IUI?? she was prescribed Ovigyn D to maintain / increase the egg count. does she need to continue?? I don't want to go for IVF
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: No special tests required. Detailed Answer: Welcome back. IUI doesn't require any special test. She needs to undergo baseline scan on day 2/3 of menses followed by follicular monitoring. Regarding Ovigyn D, She can continue it till conception. It definitely helps in manintaining egg count. Don't worry, you don't need IVF at this stage. Regards.