Facing problem of white discharge due to which legs and back is paining severely. Suggest remedy?

my sister in law is facing problem of white discharge. due to which her legs and back is paining severly. kindly suggest some remedy.
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
To rule out vaginal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX,

Thank you for the query.

White discharge is commonly due to infection. There are many types of infection but the commonest ones are yeast, and mixed infection. Along with white discharge itching is also common. When severe infection occurs it can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease with pain and often fever.

I suggest that she see a gyneacologist for examination and a swab test. That can identify the type of infection. She will need antibiotics accordingly. Meanwhile keep the area clean. Apply candid ointment locally. She may need oral antibiotics also after examination.

I hope this answers your question, you can write back to me if you need further clarifications.