Facing problem of phlegm, frequent cough and itching in throat. Increase after eating. Suggest the cure?

Hello Doctor,

I am facing problem of phlegm from long time. XXXXXXX this i get frequent cough and have itching in throat. This increases whenever i eat something.Could you please let me know what could be the reasons for this and how to get rid of this?

Thanks in advance
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Bacterial infections

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of ENT, working with an experienced ENT. I answer on his behalf.

The symptoms you have is typically seen in bacterial infections. Recurrence is very common in such infections unless treated with suitable antibiotics.

I suggest you to get a Sputum Culture sensitivity test done. The test gives a list of antibiotics which would work against the infection. Placing you on such antibiotic would cure the infection completely.

Do gargle with CHLORHEXIDINE antiseptic solution twice daily to prevent such infections.