Facing pain on the upper portion of eyebrow and neck. Medical cure?

I am facing bit pain on the upper portion of my right eye brow. What could be the problems. Also I am facing neck at the right side.
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later

First of all there appears to be no connection between your pain in eyebrow and your neck pain.
Since you have not given any other information about any of other symptom I am going to reply in general.

The most common causes of eyebrow pain are sinusitis or tension headaches. Sinusitis is caused by an infection in the sinus cavity, which lies behind the face. During the immune response against the infection, the sinuses become inflamed and produce pain.

Tension headaches are a feeling of pain or discomfort in the area of the head, especially around the eyebrows. These types of headaches often feel as though the head is being compressed. The exact reason for a tension headache is rarely known, but some of the more common causes are lack of sleep, stress, or the onset of a cold or flu.

Similarly the most common cause of neck pain is injury to the soft tissues, including the muscles, tendons, and ligaments within these structures. Degenerative arthritis of the spine in the neck (cervical spine) can pinch nerves that can cause neck pain. Degenerative disc disease in the neck (cervical spondylosis) or disc herniation can cause local neck pain or disc herniation can also cause radiating pain in neck.

I advise you to just take some anti inflammatory like paracetamol 500mg three times a day for 3 to 4 days and steam inhalation if cold is present.
Take proper sleep.

If your pain persists or increases ,then you should consult a doctor and get yourself examined ,investigated if required and treated.

I hope it helps; however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck