Facing occasional back pain after prolonged sitting. Taking breaks and walking. Suggest the tips for prevention?

From past 1-2 months i am facing occasional back pain.
After some observations, i feel it's coming in evening time after prolonged sitting.
I am taking small breaks with walking , but looking for more suggestions for prevention.

Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
maintain correct back posture

Detailed Answer:

You already know that the pain is occurring more often in the evening time after prolonged sitting. Perhaps, you are not maintaining an erect posture while sitting for long hours.

Please sit with a straight and erect back. Use small cushion for your lower back to get more comfort.

Yes, continue to take small frequents breaks from sitting long. You could do stretching exercises to prevent muscle spasm of the back.

If the pain is continuous for almost 6 months, then I advise you to take a plain x-ray of your lower back. Else, it is not required.

You can take simple analgesics like Brufen when pain is severe. In my view, no active medical intervention is required for you, as of now.

Hope this helps you.

Take care!