Facing memory problem and unable to concentrate. How to improve memory?

Neurologist
Question
Off late what is worrying the most is My memory power. I don’t remember say a person name, or a address which I memorized so perfectly , 2 days ago, would not be able to recollect so perfectly.

Due to these things, I’m feeling really low.

Even My concentration power sucks bigtime, won’t be able to concentrate for long hours, My Mind keeps wondering.

This is really Heart breaking for me, and my fiancé often complains of my Poor memory
Pls let me know any tablets or medication to improve my Memory

Is taking Fish Oil supplements would actually help? as many researchers tells there is no proven evidence.

WWW.WWWW.WW

Pls Suggest ,
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 10 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
Is it for name or address only? Any time it happened that you forgot face of person? Forgot name of your close relatives? Even after giving cues or telling names you cant recollect. Any way finding difficulty? Any difficulty handling finances? Any problems with calculations while shopping etc.
If you have problems with above need to consult neurologist else see physician. He may do basic blood tests, blood counts, sugar, thyroid test etc.
Many times it just happens we get stuck with names of people and spontaneously after some time we recollect; this is normal. I feel you are little depressed also, this might be hampering your memory more. Don't try to memorise things aggressively and test again this would make you more anxious just let things go normally.
Regarding fish oil supplements research says it doesn't help much but any ways it is unlikely to have side/adverse effects hence you can try it out.

Wishing good health
Dr. Neeraj Baheti

Follow-up: Facing memory problem and unable to concentrate. How to improve memory? 1 hour later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX

Thanks for your speedy reply, i don't have such problems, like Forgetting name of close relatives? Even after giving cues or telling names you cant recollect.
or handling finances or Any problems with calculations while shopping.

But just for curiosity what would be the common problem, and is there any symptoms if there is any link which you could provide or share us the symptoms, i could closely monitor those symptoms if i have any, and if i feel i need to take help i would surely come at the right time.

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 8 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Is there history of dementia in your family? Why you want to again try looking for symptoms, this all will make you more anxious and increase your problem with names.
I would suggest just stay relax for if you start getting symptoms it will progress in the same way as I told in my previous reply. Again it won't improve with cues and you would be totally blank as such a thing has not occurred or you have not met some XYZ etc.
You can consult your local physician as told get basic work up done. If needed he may put you on short course of multivitamins and if needed anxiolytics.
For now just stay relax, you are as normal as any body else.

Wishing good health
Neeraj

Follow-up: Facing memory problem and unable to concentrate. How to improve memory? 2 hours later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX

There is no such family history, i guess I'm stressed out

Thanking you once again,

Best wishes
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 6 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Stay cool and relax.

Wishing good health
Neeraj