Facing itching problem in areola on breast and skin is peeled causing pain. Underlying cause?

Dermatologist
Question
In winter or summer, I faced some itching problem on the black area surrounded by the nipple on my breast. When I used to itch, the skin there is peeled off causing me pain.
I consult many of the doctors..
1. some of them said If I'm using silk clothe bra may be your skin is not adjusted for that Use cotton things.
2. Two other doctors said that due to some fungi infections you are getting this.
3. In previous I get this problem very rarely. Now I'm getting this frequently.If I'm using the ointment then it is disappeared.

Apart from ointment is there any other permanent solution for this. Kindly let me know

Thanks in advance
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
HelloXXXXX,
I agree that you might have got an irritation to silk, this can lead to eczema like lesion. It can even be fungal infection.
These all are simple conditions and can be treated with creams.
There is another condition with similar presentation called as paget's disease of nipple. This is a severe condition and lead to cancer. It requires surgical treatment.
Please dont get feared, but as a doctor I must tell you all possible things.
Can you please upload a photograph of the lesion. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis.
There is an option to upload photographs on right side of query page.
Let me know if you have any other doubts. Waiting for your response.
Thank you

Follow-up: Facing itching problem in areola on breast and skin is peeled causing pain. Underlying cause? 7 minutes later
Thanks for replying me..

There is such abnormal area that is there. It seems to be normal on the black area. Just itching only.
There is no such abnormal area that is there. It seems to be normal on the black area. Just itching only.

When I itched there It produces some pain

Thanks

Thanks for the follow up.
If there is no abnormal area and just itch, then it is an allergic dermatitis only.
Apply hydrocortisone ointment daily for a month.
This will give you relief.
You can also take tab avil to control itch.
I would also suggest you to use cotton undergarment, may be that can help you.
Just take care that there should not be any oozing lesion. Let me know if anytime you see fluid oozing from that area.
Hope the above medication help you.
Let me know if you have any other doubt.
Thank you