Facing hair loss. Have receding hairline and widows peak on the forehead. Treatment?

I am facing a lots of hair loss from last 2 yrs. Class 2 baldness( characterized by the beginning of a receding hairline and a “widow’s peak” on the forehead.)
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Neera Kataria 25 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

I understand your concern regarding hair loss
As you have mentioned you have receding hairline and widow's peak on the forehead, which is grade 2 of androgenic alopecia

This as the name indicates occurs due to the effect of androgens on the scalp hair follicles. Androgenic alopecia has genetic predisposition, so family history may be present in your case.

You may start applying minoxidil 5% twice a day, 1ml on the areas of hair loss.

Oral supplement beneficial for hair growth in the form of tablet androanagen daily, which also has anti androgen, saw palmeto.

There are other options available like mesotherapy and hair transplant but we can consider them later.

I hope your query is solved. You may write back if you have any doubts or query.