Ask a Urologist   »  

Facing frequent urination problem. Blood and urine test normal. What is causing this?

Hi Doctor,
I am facing with frequent urination problem for about 6 years now , I have to go to the bathroom more often especially when I am nervous. For example, when I'm about to go to an important meeting, it seems like I have to go every 15-20 minutes. Also when I'm just worried about using the bathroom, that makes me want to go more frequently. Like if I'm going on a trip and a bathroom won't be readily accessible( or stuck in traffic while driving) , I start getting worried and that makes me want to urinate even more. Just thinking about going to the bathroom makes my bladder full. One observation is that when I have these sessions of frequent urination the urge to urinate is more and urine looks clear ( water like).

Sometimes when I feel tired or weak I would have a session of frequent urination and If eat something I am normal again.

For your information, My father was diagnosed with adrenalin tumor some 15 years back. He underwent a surgery and he is fine now on meds.

Also, I've had blood and urine tests at the doc before, everything came back clear and no diabetes or bladder infections.

Unfortunately, 4-5 years ago ( approx. the time frequent urination thing began) I had wet my pants as I was unable to reach bathroom in time. This incident keeps me worried If such thing is going to happen again. So, I began to kind of avoid places or situations where bathrooms are inaccessible since then.

Could you please help me on this?

Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Himanshu Pandey 3 hours later

Thanks for writing to healthcare magic!

Frequent urination can be occur due to diabetes - but you already mention that both are normal in your case.

So it seems to me that the increased frequency/urgency is psychological due to your present anxiety and past bedwetting. To over come this problem please do consult with psychologist for therapy session and medicine and start doing exercise after consulting with physician it will help you in overcome your nervousness.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any further question do ask me.

Follow-up: Facing frequent urination problem. Blood and urine test normal. What is causing this? 6 hours later
Thanks Doctor for the reply.

Can the anxiety and nervousness be completely cured ? Its is kind effecting both my social and professional lives.

Whom do you suggest me to consult a psychologist or a physician. ?

Can you also suggest a doctor in Hyderabad for this problem?

Answered by Dr. Himanshu Pandey 1 hour later
Thanks for asking again! Yes! Nervousness and anxiety can be completely cure if you take medicine, along with this, do regular exercise, and try to participate in social activity.

Take antioxidants and Vit C to lower your B.P.

Please consult with psychologist for the medicine and sessions.

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at this link

Be positive take care.