Facing excessive hair fall problem. Need solution?

Ayurveda Specialist
Question
FACING EXCESSIVE HAIR FALLING PROBLEM SINCE TWO MONTHS, NEED ANY SOLUTION FOR THAT.
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Ayurveda

Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 5 hours later
**
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health problem and looking by your history, following points needs re evaluation:

1. as hair fall is due to an underlying disorder (unless there is primary etilogy), thus make sure your problem is with hair fall and not hair loss.
2. any undue mental/physical/emotional stress?
3. is your menstrual cycle normal, and any thyroid disorder (under active thyroid)
4. any history of taking excess of vitamin A dosage?
5. have your hair broken or root became weak. what is the opinion of Trichologist?
6. please revert back with your concerns regarding the same.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
MD. (Ayu.) Kayachikitsa
Naimittika Clinic

Follow-up: Facing excessive hair fall problem. Need solution? 3 hours later
HI DOCTOR, AS PER YOUR CONCERNS I AM NOT SUFFERING ANY KIND OF DISORDER RIGHT NOW AND I HAVE NOT TAKEN VITAMIN A IN ANY FORM EARLIER. MY MENSTRUAL CYCLE IS ALSO NORMAL AND NOT HAVING THYROID DISORDER AS WELL. RECENTLY I HAVE GONE THROUGH WITH MY COMPLETE BLOOD CHECK UP, EVERYTHING IS NORMAL. MY HAIRS GENERALLY GET COMES OUT FROM ROOTS AND HAVE SPLIT ENDS ALSO. AS I AM A WORKING WOMEN SO I NEED TO SHAMPOO THEM TWICE OR THRICE A WEEK. PLS SUGGEST ME ANY MEDICINE OR MEDICATED SHAMPOO OR OIL TO CURE THEM.

Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 40 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
1.     As split ends (Trichoptlosis) is the major concern in your case, is it possible that you do too much with your hair like: irregular trimming,excess shampooing, weaving, coloring,too much dry heat (blow dryers), manual stress (physical trauma)?
2.     Type of hair style you usually prefer: do you have long or short hairs AND whether hair are dry or brittle?
3.     Please revert back with above concerns for treatment aspect, in the meantime preventive aspect is given below
i.     Avoid too much exposure to sun.
ii.     As you are from Delhi, thus summer season is one of the culprit for split ends, make sure you take adequate protection for the same.
iii.     Avoid high extremes of temperature such as used in hair straightening devices.
iv.     After bath make sure you avoid vigorous toweling of hair, let them dry naturally.
v.     Make less choice for synthetic hair oils, hair coloring,bleaching,styling and use of dry blowers.
vi.     Avoid excessive exposure to sun, heat, wind, dust,anger, stress, anxiety,
vii.     avoid oily, fried, spicy, hot, fermented and stale food.
viii.     .Proteins are essential for antibodies production so milk,egg (white), beans, yogurt, soyamilk, pumpkin, squash,watermelon,peanuts,almonds, if non-vegetarian (meat) are choices
ix.      mango, carrots, cantaloupe,egg yolk,apricots,pumpkin,papaya, are ideal
x.     Vitamin C: is needed for proper functioning of immune system: amla is good option.
xi.     Vitamin E: is a powerful anti oxidant thus peanuts,dried apricots, cooked spinach taro root can be taken
xii.     Soap nut (reetha) and shikakai along with Bhringraj and Neelini oil acts as natural conditioner and XXXXXXX you can use it safely.

Dr. Munish Sood
Naimittika Clinic.