Facing difficulty to pass stools during work. Is this a psychological problem?

Hi there. I have this issue. Whenever I take a bowel movement at work or in public, it feels like I'm having incomplete evacuation, but at my house I feel regular going. It's causing me difficulties focusing on my work and social life. Is this a psychological problem?
Posted Sun, 16 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The difficulty to pass stools or urine during work, open air or in public toilets is seen in many people and is purely psychological. There is no underlying disease or any abnormality for one to have such a problem.

You can take laxatives to overcome such problems. Do consult your treating doctor for the same. A spoon of Psyllium husk taken with a glass of milk or water can also help you to have easy stools in such circumstances.

Need not worry; the problem you have could not be due to cancer by any chance.

Hope I answered your query. Please let me know if there are any other concerns.