Facing difficulty to pass stool and getting headache. How to overcome this problem?

Feb 2013

i take long time to poop around 40 mins.On some days when i come out early headache starts and feel the urge but unable to poop next time
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,

It seems you are having constipation with passing of hard stools and difficulty of passing hard stools.

Do you experience any pain while passing stool?
Is the blood streaks on the stool?
Any history of episodes of loose stools in between the hard stools?

Please provide the information I asked to advise you in a better way.
Follow-up: Facing difficulty to pass stool and getting headache. How to overcome this problem? 12 minutes later
I don't feel any pain also there are not any blood steaks on stool.I just go to loo in the morning have poo initially then just feel it is coming and coming but it takes long time to come out and it is not harder but very loose.
Also I don't have any history of loose stools in between hard stools.
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query,

Usually this type of stools will occur in persons with constipation and with fecal impaction.

Initially they pass hard stools and above the hard stool, there will be loose stool which will present with hard stool followed by loose stool.

Do you feel any abdominal discomfort ?

If it is there, do you feel relief of this discomfort after passing stool?

If you have constipation you can take plenty of water, dietary XXXXXXX foods like vegetables, fruits, and leafy vegetables on every day as it will make stool bulky and soft by retaining water in it leading to easy passage of stool.

And make a habit of going to toilet everyday as if you skip one day the retained stool becomes hard on the next day.

Even after trying this if you still have difficulty in passing stool you can take stool softeners like oral lactulose daily in the bedtime after consulting your Physician.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.