Facing difficulty in passing urine and noticed mucus in it. Tested normal for prostate. Any solution?

Jul 2016

My fiancee frequently has trouble urinating, and there are times when he does start urinating a plug of mucous comes out first.Then he is able to urinate.He has had his prostate checked and was told it was normal.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 41 minutes later

Thanks for your query. I have noted your statement that your fiance has difficulty in passing urine. It will be easier to answer, if you can provide some more details.
1) Does he have Fever ?
2) Is he Diabetic?
3) Have you done his Routine Urine test and Urine culture ?
4) Was Ultrasound scanning of his kidney, ureter and bladder region done (USG KUB)?

Please get them done, if it was not done earlier.

Based on the fact you have posted, it appears to be severe like Ciprofloxacin and Nitrofurantoin after consultation with his Family Physician. Once I get relevant information from you, I will be able to advise about further treatment.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions.I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.