Facing congestion in vocal cord, not able to speak properly. Looking for suggestion

congestion in vocal cord ,facing from 15 days not able to speak properly plz HELP !

dear doctor my local ent doctor says i have swelling in vocal cord tooked lots of medicine but got recovery only 50% in last 15 days plz suggest the needful in this case
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Swelling in the vocal cords is usually seen due to over use of the cords.This will recover over time when given rest to the vocal cords.This involves not talking loud and not consuming cold foods.

Gargling with hypertonic antiseptic solutions like CHLORHEXIDINE twice daily after food will reduce the swelling (oedema) and help you recover soon.

I would still consider rest being very important in recovery of swollen vocal cords.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.