Facing breathing problem and left lung have perfuson in VQ test. Suggest?

My father is facing breathing problem and his left lung didn't have perfuson in VQ test.
Please suggest right doctor. when he face breathing problem we didn't have any instant releif medicine.
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
He should take nebulization for instant relief.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query and the attached reports.

As per the reports and discharge summary, it is apparent that your father has suffered from bilateral Pulmonary Thromboembolism which was near total on the left side.

You need to continue the medicines especially the anticoagulants ie acitrom as being advised.

His symptoms will improve over a period of time.

He is also a case of COPD. He should be regularly taking his inhalers like seroflo a nd duolin which will control his breathlessness. I do hope he is not a smoker or he has quit completely.

For immediate relief of breathlessness, he should take nebulization with duolin and budecort.