Facing back problem. Doing aerobics daily. Any solution?

i am facing back problem. any solution for it. Daily i used to do aerobics for 1 hour. even after that also i facing this issue
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

You have provided me with good information. However, as I believe the more information a person gives the better is the doctor's reply, please do not mind in answering the following:

1. Since how long are you facing this problem?
2. Does this pain radiate to your legs?
3. What is the nature of your job - is it a desk job?
4. What is the mode of transport to work?

You are facing back pain from some time, even after doing aerobics it has not reduced.

Most common cause of back pain is the result of poor posture or lack of stimulation of back muscles. Other causes will be Lumbar strain, Lumbar Spine Arthritis, herniated disc, Spinal Stenosis, etc.

A few measures that can be tried at home are:
1.     Avoid doing exercises during pain. You should start exercising only when you are pain free.
2.      Local heat applications, massage and eventual (after the acute episode resolves) reconditioning exercises to strengthen the low back and abdominal muscles.
3.     Analgesics such as paracetamol 625 mg one tablet can be used whenever you experience severe pain. In addition local anti-inflammatory agents such as pain balm, diclofenac ointments/sprays might also help.
4.     Avoid any repeat injuries on the back. Avoid lifting heavy weights.

You can also consult a physiatrist who can design an exercise programme to improve your flexibility, strengthen your back and improve your posture

Other modes of therapy include epidurals, steroid injections, acupuncture, TENS (Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation), physical treatments, lumbar supports, etc. can be tried after a detailed evaluation by an orthopedician.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.