Facing abnormal bowel movement, unable to gain weight and have loss of appetite. What's wrong?

I am 27 years old and 56 kg and 6 feet tall, thin body. I have this problem for years. It takes a long time in the morning atleast half hour to pass my stool, i pass stool in small portions and have to wait for long to finish. and after breakfast i always go again daily. its semi solid. no shape. and I have to go to toilet after every meal. though the quantity of stool is less but still i feel the urge to go to toilet after every meal. on an average i go to toilet 4 times daily. somedays when i pass my stools normally in morning i feel hungry and eat normally and feel good whole day but on all other days normally i always feel full and dont eat much, i feel this abnormal bowel movement the reason for not feeling hungry. I am unable to gain weight due to this abnormal bowel moment. What tests can i do to find exactly what is wrong with me. And any quick solution to help me pass my stool once every morning and in less time.
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 hours later

I have read your query with diligence. I do not see a major health concern here and you are quite young for it too.

Your symptoms mostly seem to be due to lack of diet hygiene.

You must eat healthy and easily digestible foods. Make sure you eat fruits everyday - an XXXXXXX orange or any fruit that you like. Include one or two bananas in your dinner. These will increase the fiber in your diet and will help in formation of normal stool. Drink plenty of water. Try not to eat spicy and high fat content food. Take more vegetable salads.

To find out the exact cause of your problem, you may consider getting a colonoscopy done. It is done by a surgical Gastroenterologist.

You should eat frequently, less quantities and lighter foods. Break your meals into 5 smalls meals rather than 3 big meals.

I am sure that there is nothing wrong with you medically.

Follow these for some time and you will surely see a healthy increase in your weight.

Let me know if you have more concerns.